- 450 g ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ¾ cup of Oikos 11% plain yogurt
- To serve:
- Fresh cilantro, basmati rice and naan bread.
Preheat oven to 450 °F.
In a large bowl, combine ground poultry, egg, panko, salt and pepper.
Form into balls (between 15 and 20), place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Heat the oil in a wok, brown the onion for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the tomato paste, coconut milk and ½ cup of water.
Bring to a boil and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Lower the heat and add the yogurt, stir, then add the meatballs.
Serve with basmati rice, fresh cilantro and naan bread.