- 560 mL (2 ¼ cups) apple juice
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp.) cardamom
- 250 mL (1 cup) or 250 g (0.55 lb.) dried apricots
- 560 mL (2 ¼ cups) or 630 g (1.39 lb.) Oikos plain Greek yogurt (0% m.f.)
- 62.5 mL (¼ cup) honey
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) sesame seeds, toasted
- 125 mL (½ cup) pistachios, coarsely ground and divided
Nutritional value, per serving :
|Saturated fat||0.9 g|
In a medium-sized pot, combine apple juice, dried apricots and cardamom, and bring mixture to a boil.
Lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until apricots are tender and juice is syrupy.
Using a mixing arm, reduce mixture to a smooth purée. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine yogurt, honey, toasted sesame seeds and half the pistachios.
Place mixture in an ice cream machine and follow instructions for your machine by choosing “frozen yogurt” option. It should take about 40 minutes before mixture is frozen.
Transfer contents to a container and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
Serve frozen yogurt with apricot purée and remaining pistachios.